Saturday, July 5, 2008

My favorite holiday - the Fourth of July

We had a splendid Fourth of July. My husband and I sang in a big church program at one o'clock and at three we went to a community band concert. After an easy supper, we watched the Annual Fourth of July Celebration at the U. S. Capitol. It was a terrific show. Jerry Lee Lewis still has it! And a Broadway singer, I think it was Bryan Stokes Mitchell, wow! They did a salute to the upcoming Summer Olympics by playing John Willliams "Olympic Fanfare." In addition to the National Symphony Orchestra, they had the U.S. Army's Herald Trumpets.
It's my favorite holiday. No presents to buy, no expectations to live up to (or fail to live up to!). It's a BE THERE day.
Today -- we picked fresh strawberries at a nearby farm. What a blessing.
Strawberries are sweet kisses from God.
Lynnette Baughman
www.RainshadowRomance.com
coming Sept. 19 from The Wild Rose Press: "Love with a Welcome Stranger"

No comments: